SSC English Preparation Books:
People keep asking what books are good for study and why, so finally I decided to write this post and make it easier for you to choose from Books for yourselves. So here are some SSC English Preparation Books to score high marks and secure your favorite post.
S No. Title of Book Reason to buy 1 Objective General English (SP Bakshi) • Perhaps the best book for SSC based exams.
• Covers everything from Grammar, Speech, Voice to Synonyms, Antonyms etc.
• Best for Grammar Preparation (Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement) – Different chapters on Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns etc for foundation and then a lot of questions at the end of chapter for practice.
• Good for One Word Substitution (covers almost every question asked by SSC till date), Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks.
2 Kiran’s SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers
3 Objective General English (R.S. Aggarwal) • Good for practicing questions after you have gone through Objective General English by SP Bakshi.
• A lot of questions for practice on every topic.
• Based on questions asked in SSC Exams.
4 Common Errors in English (Kiran's) • This book is a blend of two books described above.
• First it describes a thing say “Verbs” then tells about what common mistakes we can make while solving a question. Then a few questions to sharpen skills.
• This books focuses on applicability of rules and make sure you don’t make a mistake in exam even after knowing all the rules.
English is a tricky subject, you may be able to attempt 200 out of 200 Questions confidently and still be able to get around 70-80 questions wrong owing to silly mistakes.
For Maths Preparation: Click Here
Buy UPSC IAS Civil Service Study Material at Notes Clues : Click Here